At TGB, candidates for an open position interview with three to six current employees. The interview process for candidates provided in the HRApps application only allows for one interviewer. The Human Resources (HR) department has requested that this process update to support more than one interviewer for a candidate.
The following table provides the credentials you need to complete the exercise.
|Senior System Architect||SSA@TGB||rules|
The following list includes recommended tasks for completing this assignment.
- Create a page list property to hold the list of interviewers, and add an empty entry to the list.
- Update the ScheduleInterview_0 section to replace the current contents of the form with a table sourced by the Interviews property to enable adding and removing interviews. In the table, include the existing InterviewSchedule section to display the interview information in the table.
- Replace the ConductInterview subprocess with a Split For Each shape, and configure the Split For Each shape to call the ConductInterview flow for each interviewer in the list.
- Update the Assess Candidate form to allow the user to view the feedback from all interviewers.
Because the ConductInterview flow is located in the Interview data class, changing from page to page list has no impact on the flow rule.
1 Create a page list property and edit pySetFieldDefaults data transform
- In Dev Studio, in the Candidate case type, on the Data model tab, create a field list property named Interviews in the data type TGB-HRApps-Data-Interview.
- In the Candidate case type, the pySetFieldDefaults data transform, add a default entry to the list to ensure that the list contains an empty entry when the screen is displayed.
To add a default entry to the list, initialize an element in the list item directly below the Comment item (for example, .Interviews(1).Location = "") .
2 Update the ScheduleInterview_0 section to add a table
- In the ScheduleInterview_0 section, add a Dynamic Layout.
- In the Dynamic Layout, create a text label named Interviews.
- Below the Dynamic Layout, add a Table layout.
- On the General tab of the table layout properties, set the table source as the Interviews property.
- On the Operations tab of the table, set Row editing to Inline and Inline edit mode to Rows always editable.
- On the Section Include TGB-HRApps-Data-Interview.InterviewSchedule, click the selection handle and drag the section include to the first column, second row of the table.
- Save the ScheduleInterview_0 section.
3 Edit the InterviewCandidate_0 flow to add a Split for Each shape
- In the Candidate case type workflow, select Interview Candidate and click the Configure process icon, then Open process to open the flow.
- Add a Split For Each advanced shape.
- In the Split For Each properties window, specify Interviews as the page property and use the existing ConductInterview subflow to configure the Split For Each shape.
- Replace the existing Conduct Interview assignment shape with the Split For Each smart shape.
- Save the flow changes.
4 Edit the AssessCandidate_1 section and AssessmentRating declare expression
- In the AssessCandidate_1 section, add a Table layout to the bottom of the section.
- On the General tab of the table, set the table source as the .Interviews property.
- On the General tab of the table, under Header and footer, clear the Display grid header and Display grid footer options.
- Submit the tab changes.
- From the layout menu, drag an embedded section into the second row of the table.
- Click the Gear icon to open the Cell Properties dialog and from the Source field, enter or select InterviewFeedback.
Delete the second dynamic layout. The section should look like the following image.
- Save your changes to the section.
- Update the AssessmentRating declare expression to calculate the average of all interview ratings.
Use the Average of computation type to calculate the average value for a property in a page list. Leave the using entries in which field blank.
5 Confirm your work
- Create a new Candidate case and move to the Interviews stage. Verify that an empty entry in the interviewer list exists.
- Add two interviewers to the list and click Submit.
- Verify that two assignments are displayed in the Actions menu.
- Complete the two Interview candidate assignments.
- Verify that the assessment rating is the average of the two interviewer ratings.