The business partners in the Human Resources (HR) department have requested two reports.
The first report is to track the progress of candidate cases generated in the HRApps application. This report should return a list of open cases, displaying the status, urgency, assigned workbasket, and current assigned task for each case.
The second report is to comply with government regulations that require employees to enroll in a health insurance plan. For each onboarding case, this report should identify the medical insurance plan selected by the employee.
The following table provides the credentials you need to complete the exercise.
|Senior System Architect||SSA@TGB||rules|
Create two reports for the HR business partners.
The first report lists every candidate case. For each case, list the current status of the case, the current workbasket to which the case is routed, the current assignment for the case, and the assignment urgency.
The second report lists every onboarding case. For each case, list the last name of the associated employee, the ID of the benefits enrollment child case, the current status of the benefits enrollment case, and the selected medical plan.
1 Create a report that joins classes referencing an association rule
Use an association rule to join the Assign-Workbasket class with the TGB-HRApps-Work-Candidate class.
- In the Candidate case type, create a report definition named Candidates by workBasket.
To create the report definition, in the Application Explorer, right-click the case type and select Create > Reports > Report Definition.
- In the Edit columns section, in the Column source and Column name fields, enter the following values. Use the pxWorkbasketAssignment prefix to identify the properties in the Assign-Workbasket class you want to use in the report.
Column source Column name .pyID Case ID .pyStatusWork Work Status pxWorkbasketAssignments.pxAssignedOperatorID Workbasket ID pxWorkbasketAssignments.pxUrgencyAssign Urgency of Assignment pxWorkbasketAssignments.pxTaskLabel Task LabelSelecting one of the three properties with the pxWorkbasketAssignments prefix adds an association rule to the report.
- When you are done, the columns look like the following image.
- Save your report definition.
- To verify your configuration, on the rule form header, click Actions > Run to generate the report. The report lists the cases, their case status, the workbaskets with which they are associated, and the current assignments and their urgency.
2 Create a report that uses a class join in the report definition
Use a class join in the report definition to join the TGB-HRApps-Work-BenefitsEnrollment class with the TGB-HRApps-Work-Onboarding class.
- In the Onboarding case type, create a report definition named Employee medical selection.
- Click the Data Access tab.
- In the Class joins section, click Add class join to add a row.
- In the Prefix field, enter BE to create a prefix for benefits enrollment cases. Use this prefix to reference properties in the Benefits Enrollment class.
- In the Class name field, enter TGB-HRApps-Work-BenefitsEnrollment. This is the class you want to join to the report class. Keep the default value in the Type field Only include matching rows.
- At the end of the row, click Edit conditions. The system displays the Enter filter conditions dialog.
- In the Column field, enter BE.pxCoverInsKey.
- In the Relationship field, leave the default value is equal.
- In the Value field, enter .pzInsKey.
- Click Submit to save your filter condition and close the dialog.
- Click the Query tab.
- In the Edit columns section, enter the following Column source and Column name values. Use the BE prefix to find properties in the TGB-HRApps-Work-BenefitsEnrollment class you want to use in the report.
Column source Column name .pyID Case ID .Employee.pyLastName Last Name BE.pyStatusWork Benefits Enrollment Work Status BE.pyID Case ID BE.MedicalPlan.Name Plan name
- Save your report definition.
3 Confirm your work
To verify your configuration, on the rule form header, click Actions > Run to generate the report.
For each onboarding case, the report includes the case ID and the last name of the employee associated with the case. For each joined benefits enrollment case, the report lists the case status of the employee's benefits enrollment case, the case ID, and the selected medical plan.