Recruiters require a way to quickly differentiate candidate cases during the Interview stage. To clarify reporting on candidate cases, recruiters have asked that a unique, custom status be applied to candidate cases during each step of the Interview stage.
The following table provides the credentials you need to complete the exercise.
|Senior System Architect||SSA@TGB||rules|
Create three new work status values for use in candidate cases.
|Open-Scheduling||TGB-HRApps-Work-Candidate||For candidate cases that have not been scheduled for an interview.|
|Open-Interview||TGB-HRApps-Work||For candidate cases that have been scheduled for an interview.|
|Open-Assessment||TGB-HRApps-Work-Candidate||For candidate cases that have completed the interview step and are under review to determine whether to extend an offer.|
The Open-Interview status value must be created in the TGB-HRApps-Work class. Otherwise, the status will not be visible and available for selection in the ConductInterview subprocess, which belongs to the TGB-HRApps-Data-Interview class.
In the candidate case life cycle, apply the work status values to the appropriate steps in the Interview stage.
|Open-Interview||Interview candidate (Conduct interview)|
Apply the Open-Interview status to the Interview Candidate assignment within the Conduct interview process. This allows you to reuse the Conduct Interview process with the updated status value.
1 Create the new work status values
- Create the three custom status values: Open-Scheduling, Open-Interview, and Open-Assessment in the TGB-HRApps-Work-Candidate class.
Use the procedure described in the help topic Defining a custom status for a case. In the Description field located on the record's History tab, enter the purpose of each field value. The descriptions are useful when deciding whether to reuse an existing work status or create a new one.
In Dev Studio, click Configure > Case Management > Processes > Status Values to open the Status Values landing page. The array displays the status values and descriptions.
2 Apply the statuses to the candidate case type
- Open the Candidate case life cycle.
- In the Interviews stage, select the Schedule Interview step.
- On the General tab, from the Set case status field, select Open-Scheduling.
- Select the Assess Candidate step.
On the Flow tab, from the first Set status field, select Open-Assessment.
- On the case life cycle header, click Save to update the Interview Candidate process.
- Open the Interview Candidate process.
- Right-click the Conduct Interview subprocess shape and select Open flow to open the Conduct Interview process.
- In the Conduct Interview process, right-click the Interview Candidate assignment and select View Properties.
- In the Assignment properties dialog, in the Advanced section, expand Assignment details.
In the Case status field, enter or select Open-Interview.
- Close the Assignment properties dialog.
- Save your work.
3 Confirm your work
Create a candidate case and advance it to the Schedule Interview step. The case has an Open-Scheduling work status.
- Advance the case to the Conduct Interview step. The case has an Open-Interview work status.
- Advance the case to the Assess Candidate step. The case has an Open-Assessment status.