The HR department wants to allow new employees to enroll in a health insurance plan on their first day of employment. To ensure that new employees can enroll in a plan before obtaining a company-issued laptop, the HR department plans to purchase a set of Apple iPads. During the orientation session, a new employee can complete a benefits enrollment case using an iOS app.
The following table provides the operator credentials you need to complete the exercise.
|Senior System Architect||SSA@TGB||rules|
Configure an unsigned iOS mobile app for the HRApps application.
- Create a certificate set for an unsigned iOS app.
- Configure a mobile channel interface for the HRApps application to build an iOS app. Configure the app to:
- Time out after three minutes
- Unlock after timing out with a device PIN
- Display custom branding
- Build the iOS app using the certificate set you create. Update the app version to 1.0.0.
Before you begin
Before you begin this exercise, download the following file that will enable you to complete branding for the mobile application you configure in this challenge:
1 Configure an iOS certificate set
- Log in to Pega Platform in the System Architect role as SSA@TGB using password rules.
- Switch to App Studio.
- In the Explorer panel, click Settings.
Click Mobile certificates to open the certificate set manager.
To the right of the certificate set manager, click Add certificate set to add a new certificate set.
- Below the Adding new certificate set section, click iOS to select the iOS platform.
The selected platform has white text.
- Expand Advanced to view the advanced configuration section.
- Select the Enable a simplified certificate set (unsigned application) check box to generate an unsigned app.
iOS devices require a signed certificate for app access and installation. Pega Platform generates a Zip file that contains the app, which the developer downloads and signs locally.
- In the App ID (Bundle ID) field, enter com.pega.hrapp.
- Optionally, select an existing or upload a new push notification certificate.
- In the upper-right corner, click Save to save the unsigned application certificate set.
- In the upper-left corner, click the back arrow to return to the certificate set manager to confirm the certificate set is on the list.
2 Configure the mobile channel interface
- From the Explorer panel, select Interfaces to view the Channels & Interfaces landing page.
- Below Create new channel interface, click Mobile to configure a new mobile app.
- On the Configuration tab, in the Mobile app name field, enter HRApp.
- Below Mobile app type, select Pega Mobile Client.
- Expand Security to configure the app security options.
- Click the Enable additional app protection check box.
- Click Enable device lock to allow the user to reestablish their session using their device unlock credentials.
- Select Enable interaction timeout so that the app times out after a determined period of inactivity.
- In the minutes field, enter 3 so that the app times out after three minutes of inactivity.
- Click the Layout tab to configure the app appearance.
- In the App branding section, below Custom, click the Plus icon to upload a custom theme.
- Click Upload zip file to upload the branding package you downloaded at the beginning of the exercise. After the upload completes, an image replaces the Plus icon.
- In the Build your application section, under Select platforms, select the switch to the left of iOS to display the Certificate Set drop-down and the Build Now button.
- From the Certificate Set drop-down, select the certificate set you created earlier in the exercise.
- Expand App version to display the Version field.
- Clear the Auto-increment version with each build check box to modify the app version number.
- Change the version number to 1.0.0.
- Click Save to commit your changes.
3 Confirm your work
- To the right of the iOS switch, click Build Now to open communication with the build server and begin the app build.
The following are displayed while the build server builds your app.
- When the build is complete, an active Download link is displayed.