Now that development of the HRApps application is complete, you have been asked to migrate the application to a testing system. The quality assurance (QA testers) require that you provide them with an application archive of the HRApps application. The QA testers will import the application archive on the testing system to test the application ahead of application delivery. Your application contains a ruleset for delegating rules in a production environment, which must be kept unlocked.
The following table provides the credentials you need to complete the exercise.
|Senior System Architect||ssa@tgb||rules|
- Use the Application Packaging wizard to create a product rule for the current version of the HRApps application. Include the product rule in an unlocked application ruleset. The product rule includes all of the associated data types and data instances and the built-on application (not PegaRULES). The rule also includes all the developer documentation added in the rule History tabs.
- Modify the product rule so that the delegated production ruleset is included in the archive. Then, verify that contents of the product rule are complete before creating the archive. Finally, use the product rule to create and save the application archive to your system.
1 Create the product rule
- In Dev Studio, from the Configure menu, select Application > Distribution > Package to open the Application Packaging wizard.
In the 1. Application step, select the highest version of the HRApps application, and then select the highest unlocked version of the HRApps ruleset.
2 Modify the product rule
- When you click Finish, the following landing page is displayed. Click Modify to open the product rule.
- Select the Custom/Production rulesets check box for the HRApps application so that the delegated ruleset is added to the application archive. Do not modify the other default settings. This ensures that data associated with the application rulesets, rule history instances, and the application's data types are added to the archive.
- At the bottom of the form, select the Allow unlocked ruleset versions? check-box. Selecting this option ensures that an error does not occur when you attempt to create the archive because the delegated ruleset must remain unlocked.
- Save your changes to make the product rule ready for packaging into an application archive.
3 Confirm your work
Click Preview product file to review and verify the rules, data, and other objects that you specified are packaged in the application archive.
- In the following example, under the Instances column, you can click the number to verify the data instances. Your results may vary depending on how you completed the exercises.
- Click Submit to close the dialog.
- On the landing page, click Export to start the archive process to display the Create Product File dialog.
- Enter a name for the application archive.
- Click OK to start the archive process and display a progress dialog. The number of records may vary depending on how you completed the exercises.
- When the process is finished (100%), click the Archive created link to save the .zip file to your system. The archive is available for import into the QA system.