To reduce errors and complaints with payroll processing, the Human Resources department allows employees of TGB to enroll in direct deposit. When employees enroll, their paycheck is automatically deposited into their checking account when the accounting department processes the company payroll.
The following table provides the credentials you need to complete the exercise.
|Senior System Architect||SSA@TGB||rules|
Add a step to the case life cycle to queue the creation and sending of an email once the user completes a Payroll Setup case.
1 Create a Run in background step
- In Dev Studio, configure the Payroll Setup case type to look like the following image.
2 Configure a standard queue to send an email when processing the queued item
In the contextual properties panel for the Run in Background step, use the information in the following table to configure a standard queue type to run the UploadToPaymentProcessor activity.
Field Value Type of queue Standard Activity name UploadToPaymentProcessor Lock using Primary page Alternate access group Audit note upload to payment processor and send confirmation emailThe activity must already exist prior to the configuration of a standard queue processor. This UploadToPaymentProcessor activity sends an email by using the call method.By default the queue processor uses the access group of the user who queued the item.
- Save the queue processor rule.
3 Confirm your work
Verify the email is queued
- Create a new Payroll Setup case.
- Complete the Collect employee information form by using a valid email address.
- Click Submit
- Advance the case to the Complete enrollment stage.
- Click Actions > Review selections > Submit to complete the case with a Resolved-Completed status.
Click the Audit tab and locate the audit note you entered for the Run in Background step to verify the standard queue processor ran.Refresh the case after 1-2 minutes to see the audit note and the email sent by the activity.
- From Admin Studio, click the Queue processors tile to view the list of queue processors.
- Verify that there are no broken processes and that the Ready to process column is zero to confirm the case step processed.
The Processed in the last hour column may reflect the standard queue item you just ran; however, the field may also reflect other background processes occurring in the system at the same time.