Terry Mason receives a call from Bob Smith at Nexus Energy. Bob is interested in a smoke detection system. Terry schedules a face-to-face meeting with Bob. As a result, Terry wants to convert the lead to an opportunity.
Use the following credentials to log in to the exercise system:
Sales representative Terry Mason
Your assignment consists of the following tasks:
Task 1: Convert the lead to an opportunity.
Task 2: Verify your work.
1 Convert the lead to an opportunity
- Log in to your exercise system as the sales representative Terry Mason.
- On the left, from the Explorer panel, select Leads to open the leads page.
- On the leads page, in the Filter field, enter Bob.
- Right of the Filter field, click Filter to filter leads. The lead for Bob is displayed.
- Click Bob Smith to open the lead.
- On the lead page for Bob Smith, from the Actions menu, select Convert lead.
- Leave the default values and fill out the rest of the form with the following values:
- Opportunity name: Smoke detection systems for Bob Smith
- Amount: 30000
- Close date: <enter a future date>
- Click Submit to convert the lead.
2 Verify your work
- On the left, from the Explorer panel, select Opportunities to open the opportunities page.
- On the opportunities page, to the right of the Filter field, select Individual.
- In the Filter field, enter Bob, then click Filter to filter leads. The lead for Bob is displayed.
- Verify that the Smoke detection systems for Bob Smith opportunity was created.