Use Case - Creating a new contact policy
The migration of the applications to the Business Operations environment (BOE) is complete, and the change management process can begin. Now, all content updates and modifications to Next-Best-Action Designer must occur in the Business Operations environment.
The business has a new requirement: an action from the CrossSell group must not be displayed again in the web channel for ten days if that action has been displayed on the website twice in the last seven days.
1 Other details
- In the orchestrator (development environment), log in as DMReleaseAdmin to check that the business change pipeline for the standard release is updated with the correct environment URLs.
- The regular business-as-usual (BAU) users (Business User, Team Lead, Next-Best-Action Specialist, Next-Best-Action Designer) implement the use case in the BOE environment and test it appropriately in the Customer Profile Viewer. Once the changes are complete, as the Revision Manager, deploy all changes to the development environment by using the business change pipeline.
Tip: As a Business User, create two change requests in 1:1 Operations Manager of type "Other".
As a Team Lead, rank the change requests, and add new tasks with the objectives: Manage group-level Engagement policies and Edit Contact policies, Channel and Action limits. Assign both tasks to the NBA Designer.
As the NBA Designer, implement the business requirement to capture 2 Impressions, then test the development using the Customer Profile Viewer (Next Best Actions tab). Ensure the action is filtered out from the results after two impressions.
As the NBA Specialist, peer-review the implemented changes.
As a Team Lead, approve the changes.
As the Revision Manager, deploy the completed revision.
2 Acceptance criteria
- A new contact policy rule that tracks impressions on the web for seven days is created.
- The newly defined contact policy is properly used as an engagement policy for the Selling-CrossSell group, Subscription actions.
- Test the changes for Mickey Musli by using Customer Profile Viewer. Capture impressions from Customer Profile Viewer and ensure that the action is no longer offered if it has two impressions.
- Complete all change requests and deploy the changes as a Revision Manager through the business change pipeline.