Register for a Pega Certification exam
Register for a Pega certification exam with our testing partner PearsonVue.
For LSA Design and Application Build registration information, see the Pega Certified Lead System Architect (PCLSA) program overview.
The LSA Application Design/Build exam is managed by Pegasystems. The cost is $600 USD per attempt.
Use our self-service portal to schedule the LSA Application Build exam.
If you live in a non-native English-speaking country and are taking an English language exam, you will automatically receive an additional 30 minutes of exam time when you register for the exam. You will see the additional exam time listed on your email confirmation.
Non-native English-speaking countries are considered any countries EXCEPT the following:
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
For other test accommodations, please view our Test Accommodations Policy.
If your prerequisites are missing, it is most likely you have logged in to Pearson VUE using a different account than the one you used for the previous exam.
If you have previously taken a Pega certification exam, you must register using the Pearson VUE account with which you took the previous exam.
To resolve the issue, contact Pearson VUE Customer Support and request that your Pearson VUE accounts be merged into one Pearson VUE account. Then all of your exam histories will be under a single Pearson VUE account and you can register for the PCSSA or PCLSA certification exams.
Pega certification exam prices may vary depending on the exam and are subject to change at any time. The current cost for exams administered by Pearson VUE can be found on the Pearson VUE website during exam registration. Please note that in some countries, tax may be applied to the cost of the exam.
Current prices are as follows:
- All Pega exams administered by Pearson VUE: $175 (USD) per exam attempt.
Exams administered by Pearson VUE are payable with a valid credit card or exam voucher during the Pearson VUE exam registration process. Pearson VUE accepts MasterCard, VISA, American Express, and JCB credit cards only. Purchase orders, cash, and personal checks are not accepted.
- LSA Design/Application Build: $600 (USD) per attempt.
This exam is administered by Pega. Application build payment can be made using a valid credit card, purchase order, or Pega Academy credits.
You can use Visa, American Express, or MasterCard debit or credit cards. Candidates testing within some sanctioned countries will need to contact the test center directly to inquire about other methods of payment.
Voucher codes can be used to pay for a Pega certification exam on Pearson VUE.
To use a voucher code:
- Log in to your Pearson VUE account and select the exam the voucher code is for.
- Select the location (onsite or online), the date, and the time, then book the appointment.
- Proceed to checkout.
- On the payment and billing page, click Add Voucher or Promo Code, then click Apply.
- Continue with the registration process to confirm the exam appointment.
There are two ways to take a Pega certification exam:
Option 1 — Pearson VUE testing center
Our exam partner has locations around the world. Find a Pearson VUE test center nearest you.
Option 2 — Online Proctored (OnVUE) delivery
You can take the exam in a quiet, uninterrupted room in a home or office. Be sure to read the OnVUE exam delivery policies and requirements prior to scheduling your exam.
Yes, Pega customers and partners can purchase exam vouchers for Pearson VUE exams directly from Pega in the following increments:
Amount and Discount
- 50-99 vouchers: 10% discount
- 100-199 vouchers: 20% discount
- 200-299 vouchers: 30% discount
- 300-399 vouchers: 35% discount
- 400+ vouchers: 40% discount
Vouchers purchased in bulk may be used for any Pega certification exam delivered through Pearson VUE regardless of the exam price level. Bulk vouchers are priced at $175/voucher before discount. Vouchers have a 1-year expiration.
Payment can be made with Pega training credits or by valid credit card, purchase order, or wire transfer.
You must bring two (2) forms of personal identification (ID). Both forms of ID must have your signature, and one of the 2 forms of ID must have your photo. Valid forms of ID are government-issued ID such as a driver’s license or passport. Photocopies are not acceptable.
Please note that the PAN card is not accepted in India as an acceptable form of ID. In Japan, the blue-colored (not pink) Health Insurance Card is an acceptable form of secondary identification. In Poland, in order to use the Polish Identity card as ID, it must contain a signature.
In order to cancel a certification exam, sign in to your Pearson VUE account and cancel the exam appointment.
Pega Certifications Policies
Candidates must take no action to compromise the integrity or confidentiality of any Pega certification exam or certification program. Prohibited actions are described in the Pega Terms of Participation agreement. Penalties for violating the policy can include revoking of certifications, as well as a lifetime ban on all future exams.
Pegasystems, in its sole discretion, shall determine whether an applicant has met the requirements for certification. Pegasystems shall be entitled to cancel your certification or ban you from taking an exam in the event that:
- You commit any breach of the testing agreement
- You fail to comply with any recertification requirements that may be imposed by Pegasystems to ensure that your skillset is up-to-date
- You fail to maintain the confidentiality of the exam by disclosing verbally, in writing, or in any media, the contents of the exam or any part of the exam
- Any information provided by you in connection with the Certification Program is determined to be false or misleading
- You are determined to have cheated, or assisted another in cheating on any exam associated with the Certification Program
Pega regularly publishes new versions of its certification exams. These versions may fluctuate in the level of difficulty as questions are updated or as certification requirements evolve. Consistent with industry certification best practices, when a new version of an exam is launched, the passing score is reviewed and modified as needed. As a result, passing scores are subject to change without notice. For example, exams that previously contained knowledge retention-based questions are modified to contain knowledge application-based questions. In this scenario, the exam passing scores recalculated using statistical analysis to reflect the change in question type and difficulty level.
Exam passing scores can be found on each exam page.
- Candidates who fail an exam must wait a period of three (3) calendar days before taking a second attempt for the same exam version.
- Candidates who wish to take a third attempt must wait a period of fourteen (14) calendar days after the second failed attempt.
- Each exam version may be taken a total of three (3) times in a 12-month period. The 12-month period starts from the date the first exam is taken. For example, if the first exam is taken on May 1, 2014, a candidate may take the same exam version two (2) more times before May 1, 2015.
- A fourth attempt can be scheduled one (1) year from the first attempt.
- You must pay the full exam fee each time you take the exam.
If you need to reschedule your exam, you must contact Pearson Vue at least one (1) business day prior to your exam appointment. Refunds are granted when you reschedule your exam with at least 24-hour notice. No other refund requests are granted.
You can reschedule your exam by accessing your Pearson VUE account and clicking the Reschedule link for your exam appointment.
Rescheduling your exam less than 24 hours prior to your exam appointment is subject to a same-day forfeit exam fee.
If you need to cancel your exam, you must contact Pearson Vue one (1) business day prior to your exam appointment. Refunds are granted when you cancel your exam with at least 24-hour notice. No other refund requests are granted.
You can cancel your exam by accessing your Pearson VUE account and clicking the Cancel link for your exam appointment at least 24 hours prior to your exam appointment.
Canceling your exam less than 24 hours prior is subject to a same-day forfeit exam fee. The same forfeit exam fee applies to exam candidates who do not show up for the exam at their registered time
Requests to review an exam score can be emailed to Pega Certification. In the request, you must provide your name, client candidate ID (PEGA######), exam and version, and the exam date. Requests must be received within 1 week after the date of the exam.
Once the request is received, it takes approximately 5 business days to complete the review. Business days do not include Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays.
Note that exam scores will typically not change after an exam review. Per Pega Certification policy, you will not be provided with the answers you gave or information regarding which questions were answered incorrectly vs. correctly.
Once the review has been completed, it is regarded as final and no further evaluation will occur.
Pega does not publicly publish the names or scores of those who have been certified. For information regarding certification status, contact us.
Please note that Pega Certification will only provide pass/fail statuses. Scores and test domain breakdowns will not be provided.
If you have a Pega account, you can verify Pega certification using our Verify Certification page.
If you have other questions related to certification, please contact us. Please provide the following information regarding your certification:
- Your full name.
- Primary (login) email address you use for your Pega account.
- Email address you used in your Pearson VUE account – if the issue is related to a certification.
- Name, version, and date of your exam.
- Your exam client candidate ID (PEGA######) – if the issue related to a certification.
- A complete description and screenshots of the issue you are experiencing.