You can associate many rule types with privileges to more precisely define the access control features that are provided by Access of Role to Object rules. You create a privilege by using the Privilege rule form.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click Create Security Privilege .
On the Create form, enter values in the fields to define the
context of the privilege.
In the Label field, enter text that describes the purpose of
Begin the name with a letter and use only alphanumeric, ampersand, and dash characters. As a best practice, start the name with a capital letter. In compound names such as ReconcileProblemWork, capitalize the first letter of each word.
In the Apply to field, press the Down Arrow key and select
the class that defines the scope of the privilege.
The class controls which Access of Role to Object rules you can link to the privilege.
- In the Add to ruleset field, select the name and unlocked version of a ruleset that stores the privilege.
- Optional: To change the default identifier for the privilege, click Edit, and then provide a unique value in the Identifier field.
- In the Label field, enter text that describes the purpose of the privilege.
- Click Create and open to open the Privilege form.
- Click Save.