As new sales representatives join Sarah Kendall’s team, they should all have full access to their primary territory and read access to the parent territory. Sue Smith is joining Sara’s team, working in the South West territory. You need to create an operator for Sue.
Use the following credentials to log in to the exercise system:
Your assignment consists of the following tasks:
Task 1: Create an operator for Sue Smith.
Task 2: Verify access and permissions.
1 Create an operator for Sue Smith
- Log in to your exercise environment as the sales operations user.
- On the left, from the Explorer panel, select Operators to open the Operators page.
- In the upper-right corner, click Create operator. The operator details screen is displayed.
- On the details screen, enter the following information.
- Operator id: ssmith
- Click Password to set the operator password: rules
- First name: Sue
- Last name: Smith
- Email: email@example.com
- Click Next. The operator access screen is displayed.
- On the Operator access screen.
- Use default operator access: Deselected
- Operator type: Sales Representatives
- Primary territory: South West
- Provide full access to South West and its Child territories by selecting Read, Update, and Create for each of the entities.
- Add North America to all entities and select Read for North America and its Child territories.
- Click Next. The Sales goals screen is displayed.
- Click Next. The HR details screen is displayed.
- Click Finish to create the operator for Sue Smith.
- Open the Access & permissions tab to verify the settings.
2 Verify access and permissions
- Log in to your exercise environment as Sue Smith.
- On the left, from the Explorer panel, select Organizations.
- Verify that organizations from all territories in North America are shown in the list.
- In the upper-right corner, click Create organization. The organization details screen is displayed.
- Verify that only the South West region is available.