InsCorp learns that many customers begin service requests and partially fill out their information before abandoning the case. To avoid accumulating abandoned service request cases in the system, InsCorp wants customers to enter their information, location, and vehicle before the case is assigned an ID. Cases are not persisted in the database once created. Cases are persisted after collecting vehicle information in the Submission multi-step form.
The following table provides the credentials you need to complete the challenge.
1 Create and persist a temporary case
- In App Studio, from the navigation pane, click Case types > Assistance Request to open the Assistance Request case type.
- Click the Settings tab to open the Assistance Request case type properties.
- In the General section, under Behavior, select the Create temporary case that is not saved until a 'Persist case' step is reached check box.
- Click to save the Assistance Request case type. A new case does not persist to the database.
- Click the Workflow tab to open the Assistance Request case life cycle.
- Hover over the Submit request multi-step process and click Configure process to open the Process modeler.
Note: From the case life cycle, you can only add Collect information steps to a multi-step form. To add other types of steps to a multi-step form, open the process.
- In the Process modeler, click Add flow shape > Automations > Persist case.
- Drag the Identify vehicle connector to the Persist case step.
- Hover over the Persist case step and drag the connector to the end step.
Note: By default, flow shapes are added to the center of the process modeler and may overlap. Move shapes as necessary to make the process easier to interpret.
- Click to return to the case life cycle.
- Click .
2 Confirm your work
- In the Assistance Request case type, click Save and run to run a new instance of the Assistance Request case type.
- Advance the case to one of the steps in the multi-step form.
- From the lower-right corner, click the Toggle r icon.
- On the toolbar, click the
- In the Threaddrop-down, select New to view the New thread.
- Click pyWorkPage and confirm that pyTemporaryObject is set to true and the pzInsKey value is blank. These values indicate that a case does not persist to the database.
- Close the clipboard dialog.
- Advance the same case to the Enter payment information view.
- Open the clipboard and confirm that there is a thread with the case ID for the current case instance.
- Confirm that pyTemporaryObject is blank and the pzInsKey value shows the case ID.