U+ Insurance wants one of its regional teams to start submitting E-bill registration service requests in their homegrown React-based CRM application. As a Customer Service Application Administrator, you have been tasked with creating a DX-compliant case type in the Pega Customer Service application. As part of the service request CSRs must collect customer confirmation of registering for e-bills, and once registration is confirmed, an option to collect alternate email addresses should be presented to the CSR.
Use the following credentials to log in to the exercise system:
|Customer Service Application Administrator||CSIAppAdmin||install12345!|
Your assignment consists of the following tasks:
Task 1: Create a new case type – Register for e-bill.
In App Studio, create the Register for e-bill case type based on the Customer Service Generic Template.
Task 2: Add the required fields to the Capture Case Input view.
In App Studio, add the Contact details page to the Capture Case Input view. Configure the page to display the Primary email property. Next, add a Boolean field for confirming e-bill registration and a text input field to capture alternate email. Lastly, turn off the Allow duplicate search case processing option for the new service request type.
Task 3: Add conditional visibility to the secondary email text input field.
Because visibility expressions are not supported in V1 APIs, conditional visibility must be defined using a when rule. In Dev Studio, configure a when rule that validates whether the customer has confirmed their e-bill registration. Define the secondary email input field as visible only once the when rule is set to true. Lastly, add an action set to the Boolean field and configure it to refresh the entire section every time the field is clicked.
Task 4: Confirm your work.
Run the Register for e-bill service request instance in the React application and ensure that the Capture Case Input view is displayed correctly.
Confirm your work
- On the exercise system landing page, click MyCRM to log in to the React application.
- Log in as a Customer Service Representative with User name BillCarter and Password install12345!
- On the MyCRM landing page, on the Pega Cases tab, select Register for E-bill to initiate the service request.
- On the Collect Details view, ensure that the Primary email address field is displayed.
- Check the E-bill registration option. Ensure that upon selecting the option, the Alternate email input field is made visible.