Applicable to Hybrid mode applications
Ensure that the data that your users provide meets the conditions that a case requires in order to go forward. By assigning validation rules to flow actions, you can prevent users from entering information that your application cannot process, and reduce the number of processing errors.For example, a loan application might require the customer to provide a down payment. You create a validate rule that checks whether the down payment is sufficient. Next, you assign the rule to a flow action that executes at the end of the step in which the customer provides loan information. If the amount of the down payment is too low, the validate rule prevents the case from proceeding until the customer increases the down payment.
Before you begin: Create a validation rule. For more information, see Validating field input in complex scenarios.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, hover over the name of the process to which you want to add a validation rule, and then click Configure process icon.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click Open process.
- On the canvas, right-click the connector to which you want to add the validation rule, and then click Open Flow Action.
- In the flow action rule, open the Validation tab.
- In the Validate field, select the validation rule that you want to assign to the connector.
- Click Save.