Configuring chat queues
Adding a skill for queues and CSR
In Pega Customer Service™, a chat queue is the work queue for chat requests that are received from one or more web pages. Pega Chat skills are can be added and associated with chat queues and customer service representatives (CSRs). CSR operators can join queues that match their skills.
For example, CSR operators with billing skills can join the Billing chat queue and handle customers with specific billing requests. So when the CSR with billing skills logs in to the Interaction Portal, the CSR can join the queues with the same skills.
Creating a new skill
The first step is to create a new skill.
- In the Dev Studio, navigate to Create > Process > Skill.
- In the Label field, provide a skill name and click Create and open. The Edit Skill window opens.
- In the Edit Skill window, set the high and low end values for the skill. and click Save.
- You can see a list of available skills by navigating to Configure > Case Management > Work Management > Skills.
Adding a skill to a CSR
After creating a new skill you will want to associate it with users.
- From Dev studio, navigate to Configure > Org & Security > Organization > Operators.
- Search for the operator you want to add the new skill and click the operator row. The Edit Operator ID window opens.
- Click the Work tab and add a skill by clicking the Plus icon in the Skill section.
- Click Save.
Adding a skill to a queue
After creating a new skill and associating it to a user the next step is to associate that skill with a chat queue.
- In App Studio, to access the queue settings, click Settings > Chat and messaging, then click the Queues tab.
- Select the chat server you want to add a queue to.
- Click Add new, name your queue and select the newly added skill from the list of skills, then click Submit.
- Click Close to save your configuration.