Pega test strategy
Pega provides out-of-the-box solutions to customers that enable them to perform continuous application testing according to industry standards and to monitor the quality of the application.
Pega tools and best practices help customers build test cases according to the recommended test pyramid. Pega offers the following frameworks to support testing:
- PegaUnit for unit testing.
- Pega Scenario testing for end-to-end functional testing using the application’s own user interface.
Pega has no built-in solution to support the middle layer, which is integration testing. Users can adopt third-party tools, such as SOAP UI or REST-assured, and make use of Pega APIs to achieve integration testing capabilities.
To understand how Pega tools fit into the test pyramid and support different layers, see the following image:
Use the following test strategy to test Pega applications:
- Create automated test cases based on industry best practices for test automation
- Use Pega Platform™ and industry test solutions to build comprehensive test cases
- Develop new test cases and new feature development
- Maintain a strong regression test case base segregated according to the features
- Run the right set of tests at different stages of the delivery pipeline
- Test early and test often
- Keep test cases current with changing functionalities
Note: This Automated Testing mission does not cover Iintegration testing concepts, but rather, concentrates on unit testing and end-to-end testing.