Suggesting an open complaint case
During an interaction, Pega Customer ServiceTM presents open or incomplete cases as suggestions to the CSRs in the Interaction Portal, which helps make the CSRs proactive in resolving open cases before customers ask for assistance.
For example, when a complaint is not resolved during a previous customer interaction, the system suggests the File a complaint case as a case match to the CSR. This allows the CSR to continue where the interaction left off. Another example of a case match might be when a customer cannot complete the lost or stolen case type in a self-service portal and then calls a CSR for help.
This topic shows you how to suggest an open or incomplete case as a case match suggestion in the Interaction Portal.
MyCo, a telecommunications company, wants its system to present the most recent open Complaint case as a case match suggestion to the CSR in the Interaction Portal.
To implement this business requirement, in the navigation pane of App Studio, click Control Panel, then select the Suggestions tile, and then the Suggested Actions tile. Here you can enable open cases for review.
On the Suggestions landing page, click the Open Cases tile.
In the Sort cases by drop-down list, click Most recent to meet the business condition. The Most recent option includes the cases that you most recently created, and Pega Customer Service uses deterministic logic to categorize cases as most urgent.
Click Add criteria to define the criteria for open or incomplete cases that you want suggested during a customer interaction.
In the Configure suggested case criteria dialog box, perform the following steps:
- In the Criteria field, enter text describing the unresolved situation, for example, Dispute transaction complaint not resolved.
- In the Description field, enter text suggesting a case, for example, Suggest open complaint case which is escalated.
- In the Case type drop-down list, select an appropriate case type, for example, Dispute transaction.
- To determine the time frame for your case search, in the Period drop-down list, select a time period, for example, Last 7 days.
- In the Set conditions section, add properties to further define the search. Every criterion comes with the default properties when added, such as Contact ID, Account Number, and Case status. In this case, to meet the business requirement, you can use the default properties and set their relationship as follows:
- The ContactID and Account number must be the same as in the interaction.
- The Case status must not include any resolved cases.
Once you have finished adding the properties, submit the configurations and then save the changes.
You have reached the end of this demonstration. You have learned:
- How to suggest an open or incomplete case as a case match suggestion in the Interaction Portal.