While Terry Mason, a sales representative, is reviewing the forecast, he sees the Smoke Detection Systems for Forest Gas in Q2 of 2021. Terry has heard a rumor that Forest Gas is evaluating all purchases for 2021 and will not approve anything over USD50000.
After some negotiation, Terry comes to an agreement with Forest Gas for USD50000 instead of the original USD70000. Unfortunately, the close date needs to be pushed back to July 31st, 2021.
Use the following credentials to log in to the exercise system:
Sales representative Terry Mason
Your assignment consists of the following tasks:
Task 1: Create a close plan for the Smoke Detection Systems opportunity for Forest Gas.
Task 2: Update the Smoke Detection Systems opportunity for Forest Gas.
Task 3: Verify that the opportunity moved from Q2 in 2021 to Q3 in 2021 and that the amount was reduced from USD70000 to USD50000.
1 Create close plan
- Log in to your exercise system as sales representative Terry Mason.
- Click Forecast. The forecast details are displayed.
- Open the Close plans tab.
- Select the following in the Filter by drop-downs:
- Current Year
- North East
- All AEs
- Click Apply.
- Locate and select the Smoke Detection Systems opportunity for Forest Gas.
- Click Add new.
- Enter the following information.
- Updates since last week: Rumors says that Forest Gas is reviewing all purchases for 2021 and will not approve anything over USD50000.
- Next steps for the coming week: Contact Forest Gas to verify rumors and work out a solution.
- Click Save.
2 Update the opportunity
- Open the Details tab.
- From the Forecast category, in the Commit row, click the forecast amount for Q2. The amount is USD190000 for the forecast. The application displays opportunities for this forecast category and time period.
- Click the Smoke Detection Systems for Forest Gas opportunity label to open the opportunity.
- Select Actions > Forecast to override the forecast.
- In the Forecast override form, enter the following information:
- Amount: 50000
- Close date: 07/31/2021
- Category: Commit
- Comments: Moved out to Q3 and changed amount to 50000
- Click Submit. The application saves the change to the forecast.
3 Verify the update
- Close the preview.
- Set the Year to FY 2021 and click Filter.
- The forecast category amount for Q2 Commit in 2021 has been reduced from USD190000 to USD120000.
- The forecast category amount for Q3 Commit in 2021 has increased from 0 to USD50000.
- Change the Override level to Opportunity and click Filter.
- Confirm that Q2 Commit is USD190000.