U+ Bank, a retail bank, currently sends credit card-related promotional emails to qualified customers.
Now, the business wants to prevent overexposure of any one action or group of actions as overexposure negatively impacts the customer experience, and customers do not receive an opportunity to receive other offers they might qualify for.
To prevent overexposure, the business wants to avoid sending a credit card promotional offer email for next 60 days if one has been sent in the past 30 days.
Use the following credentials to log in to the exercise system:
Caution: In this mission, challenges are built on top of each other. Hence when you click on Initialize Pega or Reset Instance in this challenge, you first need to complete the previous challenge(s).
Your assignment consists of the following tasks:
Task 1: Define an action-level contact policy
In the Next-Best-Action Designer > Constraints tab, under Contact policy library, define an action-level contact policy to suppress the credit card offers.
Task 2: Add the new contact policy
In the Next-Best-Action Designer > Engagement policy tab, add the new contact policy to the CreditCards group.
Task 3: Configure a scheduled run and confirm Interaction History report
In the Next-Best-Action Designer, configure a scheduled run and confirm that records are added to the interaction history with Outcome value as Pending.
Note: In the Recurrence section, ensure the Refresh the audience check box is selected. Also, ensure that the All mailable customers segment is selected as starting population.
Task 4: Schedule another run and confirm the run results
Run a new schedule and confirm that all the actions are suppressed.
Note: Turn off the Refresh the audience option, so the same customers are targeted again.
1 Define an action-level contact policy
- Log in to Customer Decision Hub as the Decisioning Analyst with user name CDHAnalyst using password rules.
- From the navigation pane on the left, click Next-Best-Action > Designer.
- Click the Constraints tab to view the existing contact limits and policies.
- In the Constraints tab, click Edit.
- In the Contact policy library section, click Add contact policy to add a new contact policy to the library.
- In the Add contact policy dialog box, enter the following information:
- Name: 30-day action pending
- Scope: Track Pending for the action within the past 30 days.
- Click Submit to add the new contact policy to the library.
- In the 30-day action pending contact policy, define the following suppression policy:
If there is 1 Pending for Email treatments, suppress the action for 60 days.
- Click Save to save the newly created contact policy.
2 Add the new contact policy
- In Next-Best-Action Designer, click Engagement policy.
- In the Business structure, click the CreditCards group.
- Click Edit to edit the engagement policy for the group.
- To the right of the Contact policy, click the Gear icon to configure the contact policy for the group.
- In the Configure contact policy dialog box, to the right of the 30-day action pending tile, click Add.
- Click Apply to confirm the selection.
- Click Save to save the changes.
3 Configure a scheduled run and confirm Interaction History report
- In Next-Best-Action Designer, click the Channels tab.
- Click Edit to make changes.
- Scroll down to the Primary Schedule section, and then click the More icon and select Suspend to suspend the existing outbound schedule.
- To the right of Recurrence, click the Gear to configure a schedule run frequency.
- For the Start Date, ensure today’s date is selected. Also, ensure the time is current and in US EST time zone.
- Ensure that the Refresh the audience check box is selected.
- Click Submit to save outbound schedule and close the dialog box.
- Click Save to save the changes made to the Channels tab.
- Scroll down to the Primary Schedule section and click the More icon, and then select Run to run the outbound schedule.
Note: The status then changes to Running when it starts processing. An entry for upcoming runs is displayed in the Run Schedule section.
- Refresh the tab to see the latest status of the run.
- Once the run is complete, click the COMPLETED run row to view the run results.
Note: A total of 72 customers are offered with either Rewards Plus Card or Standard Card. Your run results number might not match the numbers shown in the exercise steps as the segment used in the exercise system selects a random sample of 100 customers in each run.
- In the Customer Decision Hub portal, in the upper-right corner, click the Reports icon > Interaction History to verify the interaction history records for the previous run.
- In the Interaction History, click Recent interactions to view the records corresponding to the last run.
Note: All the pending outcomes related to the credit card offers have been recorded for Email channel.
4 Schedule another run and confirm the run results
- In the Primary Schedule section and click the More icon and select Suspend to suspend the existing outbound schedule.
- In the Configure outbound schedule dialog box, clear the Refresh the audience check box to target the same customers again.
- Click Submit, and then click Save.
- Scroll down to run the outbound schedule.
- Refresh the tab to view the latest status of the run.
- Once the run is complete, click the latest COMPLETED run row to view the run results.
Note: The 30-day action pending suppression policy has prevented the credit card offers from being selected.