To speed up resolution of your business processes, ensure that users receive information when new tasks await in their worklists, by sending email notifications.For example, you can compose a message that includes a link to a case, so that a user can immediately access the case and start work.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the case work area, click the Settings tab.
- In the settings panel, click Notifications.
- In the Email notifications section, select the Email user when assignment is routed to worklist check box.
Define the content of your message:
Choice Actions Compose a new email
- In the Email section, select Custom.
Use an existing email
- In the Email section, select Use existing.
- In the Message list, select a message that you want to use.
In the Subject field, enter the email title by entering
a string expression.
You can reference field names in the title to make the heading more dynamic and meaningful.For example: "The case "+ .pyID + " has been assigned to you."..
If you create a custom message, in the Message section,
click Compose, and then edit the message in the rich text
Choices Actions Compose your own message
- Enter and style the text by using the rich text editor toolbar. For example: You can create a numbered list or emphasize text with bold font.
Populate your email message with text from a template
- In the Compose message window, click Choose template.
- Click a template that you want to use.
After the template text appears in your email message, you can edit this content.
Include the value of a field from your case in your email
- In the rich text editor, position the text cursor in the place where you want to add a property.
- On the toolbar, click the Insert property icon.
Select a property that you want to use.
For example: You can reference the first and last name in a
greeting, or embed a project milestone date within a
sentence.Tip: To prevent word clusters in your message, include a space before and after your property reference.
Provide instant access to the case from your email
- In the rich text editor, position the text cursor in the place where you want to add a link.
- On the toolbar, click the Link icon.
- Select the Link to current case check box.
- Enter the display text and title for the link.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.