Optimize the screen area by using a Layout group to arrange information into orderly segments.For example, you can configure a Layout group to display related information as a series of tabs that the user can efficiently browse.
After you create a layout group, you can use it as the basis for a region in a design template.
In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
Run a new case by clicking Save and run.
In the new case, navigate to the layout that you want to edit.
In the footer of Dev Studio, click the Live UI icon.Note: The Live UI tool is activated. You can now inspect user interface components in real time.
Click the layout that you want to edit, and then click the Open in Dev Studio icon.
If your section is based on a template and cannot be edited, click Convert to full section editor.
On the Design tab, expand the Structural list, and then drag Layout group onto the work area.
In the Choose layout-group format dialog box, select one of the following formats for the layout group:
- To display layouts as simple pages with no headers or menus, select Default.
- To display layouts under collapsible headers, select Accordion.
- To display layouts one at a time as options in a menu, select Menu.
- To display all layouts at the same time, with the layouts stacked on top of one another, select Stacked.
- To display a layout one at a time, with a tab for each layout, select Tab.
- To display the layouts in a custom format that is defined in the skin, select Other, and then select the format.
To include layouts or container elements in the Layout group, expand the Structural list, and the elements that you want into the layout group.
- Creating a templated region based on a layout group
You use a layout group to present closely related information with accordion, menu, stacked, or tab navigation mechanisms. You can create a templated region that is based on a layout group. You might do this if users need to add, reorder, or remove tabs from screens at run time in App Studio.
- Skin form — Components tab — Layouts — Layout Groups
A layout group combines different types of layouts to display a set of content such as a list of financial accounts and related transactions. You use a layout group to specify how to navigate sets of information. For example, this could be a tab for each account, or by simply changing the type, the account list can be rendered as either a drop-dow
- Skin form — Components tab — Layouts — Containers
These styles apply to the container header. You can specify styles for the Default container format and create custom container formats.