Ensure that your business process reaches a resolution on time, by defining an escalation action for a case. By enforcing service-level agreements and implementing escalation actions, you enforce timely resolution of cases and meet deadlines that you agree on with your customers.
In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
In the case working area, click the Settings tab, and then click Goal & deadline.
In the Goal section, in the Notify subsection, select recipients of the notification:
- To notify a creator of the case, select Creator.
- To notify the participants of the case, select Participants.
If you select to notify participants, click Manage participants, select the case participants that you want to notify, and then click Done.
In the Message subsection, select a message type:
- To send a standard notification, select Use default message.
- To compose an email message, select Compose a message, provide a subject, click Compose, enter your message, and then click Done.
- Defining an escalation action for a stage and a process
Ensure that your business case moves forward in a timely manner by defining an escalation action for a stage and a process in your case life cycle. By notifying interested parties about an elapsed goal or deadline, you can keep the time frames that you agree on for your business cases.
- Setting goals and deadlines for case resolution
Encourage customer service representatives (CSRs) to resolve cases on time and enforce your service level agreements (SLAs) by setting goals and deadlines for a case type. SLA measurement starts when the case starts and ends when the case finishes.