Reduce the risk of unfinished work in a case by defining an escalation action, such as a notification to the manager. The manager receives the notification when an assignment exceeds its goal or deadline.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the upper-right corner of the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
In the Case life cycle section, click an assignment with a
custom goal and deadline.
For more information, see Setting service-level agreements (SLAs) for stages, processes, and steps.
- In the step property panel, click Goal & deadline.
In the Goal section, indicate what action to take when an
assignment exceeds its goal:
- To send an email notification, in the Action list, click Notify, and then select the users to whom you want to send the notification, for example, Manager.
- To reassign the assignment, in the Action list, click Reassign to, and then specify the user or work queue to whom you want to reassign the assignment.
- To resolve the case, in the Action list, click Resolve, and then select the status for the resolved case, for example, Resolved-Withdrawn.
- In the Deadline section, define an escalation action by repeating step 5.
- Click Save.