Circumstancing rules on a single variable
TGB sends an email to a candidate to extend an offer of employment. TGB company policy gives the candidate 72 hours to respond to the offer. However, Canadian regulations require that a company allow five business days for a resident of Canada to respond to an offer.
Customize a version of the offer letter email to send to Canadian candidates to inform the candidate about the response time frame of five business days.
- Create a circumstanced version of the OfferLetter correspondence rule.
- For a circumstancing condition, test whether the value of the Country Code property (.Candidate.pyCountryCode) is CAN.
Note: The five-day Canadian regulation is included for exercise purposes only.
The table below provides the credentials you need to complete the exercise.
|Senior System Architect||[email protected]||rules|
Note: Your practice environment may support the completion of multiple challenges. As a result, the configuration shown in the challenge walkthrough may not match your environment exactly.
1 Create a circumstanced version of the Offer Letter correspondence rule
- In Dev Studio, open the Candidate case type.
- Select the Send Offer Letter step.
- Select and open the Offer Letter correspondence template.
Tip: In the pop-up, select the OfferLetterEmail rule.
- Click Save as > Specialize by circumstance.
- Configure the circumstancing rule as seen in the following image.
Create and open the Correspondence: Offer letter rule form to edit the text.
2 Define the behavior for the circumstance
Update the text of the email to read as follows:
We are pleased to offer you the position
<<.Position.JobTitle>>, reporting to
<<.Position.Manager>>, at a starting salary of
Please inform us of your intention to either accept or reject this offer within five business days.
We are excited to have you join our organization and look forward to working with you. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Save your changes to the circumstanced rule.
3 Confirm your work
- Create a new Candidate case.
- On the Collect Personal Details form, in the 3-letter country code field, enter CAN.
- Complete the remaining required fields on the form and click Submit.
- Advance the case to the Screening stage.
- In the Stakeholders section of the case, confirm that the candidate is listed as a stakeholder to ensure the email can be routed to the candidate.
- Advance the case to the Offer stage, past the Manager Approval step.
Tip: You may need to refresh the case to display the email attachment.
Open the attached email and verify that the content matches the circumstanced version of the rule. Ensure that the attached email mentions that the candidate has five business days to accept or reject the offer.
- Close the Candidate case.