GoGoRoad wants to create a standard scenario test to automate testing for the Assistance Request case type. Create an automated test for the Submit request process to ensure that the user interface and end-to-end process flow function correctly.
The following table provides the credentials you need to complete the challenge.
1 Record a new scenario test case
- In the Dev Studio header, click Launch Portal > Case Worker to open new browser with the user view of the GoGoRoad application.
- Click the Runtime toolbar icon > Automation Recorder to open the Scenario tests pane.
In the Scenario tests pane, click to begin recording your actions.
In the Case Worker navigation pane, click New > Assistance Request.An orange border is displayed around all objects you interact with to indicate that the Automation Recorder tool is recording the actions you take in this scenario. In the contextual pane, the actions you perform are recorded in the order in which you perform them.
- In the Create view, in the Service type drop-down, select Flat tire.
- On the Enter customer information form, from the Account ID drop-down, select email@example.com.
- Click .
- Complete all fields on the Identify location and Identify vehicle forms.
- In the Scenario tests pane, click to stop recording your actions.
- In the Scenario tests pane, complete the following information:
Field or drop-down Value Name Initial Customer Request Description Initial Customer Request Apply to GoGo-GoGoRoad-Work-AssistanceRequest Add to ruleset GoGoRoadTC:01-01-01
2 Confirm your work
- In the Dev Studio header, click Configure > Application > Quality > Automated testing > Scenario testing > Test cases to view the list of test cases for the application.
- On the Scenario testing view, to the left of the Initial Customer Request test case, select the check box.
- Click A dialog box displays a preview of the scenario test progress actions as recorded. The dialog box automatically closes when the test is complete.
to execute the test.
- In the Result column, verify that the result is Passed to signify the test case is successful.