Exploring the sample application
You have just joined Pega and want to familiarize yourself with Pega Sales Automation™ by exploring the Pega Sales Automation sample application.
The sample application introduces you to Sarah Kendall, a manager. Sarah's team includes Terry Mason, a top sales representative.
Use the following credentials to log in to the exercise system:
|Sales representative Terry Mason||tmason||rules|
|Sales manager Sarah Kendall||skendall||rules|
Your assignment consists of the following tasks:
Task 1: Explore the Sales representative portal
Task 2: Explore the Sales manager portal
1 Explore the Sales representative portal
1. Log in to your exercise system as sales representative Terry Mason.
2. Scroll down and observe the widgets on the sales representative dashboard.
3. On the left, from the Explorer panel, select Leads. The sales leads assigned to Terry Mason are displayed.
4. Click the lead for Annabelle Boord. The lead record for Annabelle Boord is displayed.
5. Scroll down the lead details to Recent activities and click See all activities to view activities for this lead.
6. Click X to close Activities pop-up.
7. On the left, from the Explorer panel, select Contacts. Terry Mason's contacts are displayed.
8. Scroll down and click the contact for Ian Thomas. The contact record for Ian Thomas is displayed.
9. Click the Relationships tab to see the Associated accounts.
10. On the left, from the Explorer panel, select Opportunities. The sales opportunities for Terry are displayed. The Stage view shows the opportunities by current stage in the sales process.
11. In the Analysis stage, click the opportunity record for Interlogix Image Sensors for Ian Thomas to review the information stored for an opportunity and view the stages pipeline.
12. In the upper-right corner, click the operator icon and select Log off to log out of the sales representative portal.
2 Explore the Sales manager portal
1. Log in to your exercise system as sales manager Sarah Kendall.
2. Scroll and observe the widgets on the sales manager dashboard.
3. On the left, from the Explorer panel, select Opportunities and then view the Opportunities for Sarah’s territory. The Stage view is selected by default. This view shows the opportunities by current stage in the sales process.
4. At the top of the Opportunities screen, click the List view tab to show the detail list of all opportunities. Note that Sarah sees opportunities for all members of her team.
5. In the upper-right corner, click the operator icon and select Log off to log out of the sales manager portal.