Verify a Pega Certification
You can verify your certification using the exact email address you used in your Pearson VUE exam account. If you have associated your Pearson VUE account email address to your Pega account, then you can also use your Pega account email address to search for your certification.
See My Pega Account and Profile FAQs for how to create a Pega account and add your Pearson VUE account email address to your Pega account.
To accurately verify a certification, you must search the Pearson VUE certifications records with the same email address you used when registering for the certification exam.
If no certification records are found, contact Pearson VUE Customer Support to confirm your identity and verify the email address you used to register for the certification exam.
For additional help, see our FAQs for how to Manage your Pearson VUE account.
If the certificate does not display on your Pega account profile after 5 business days, the most likely scenario is the email address you used to register for the exam on Pearson VUE is not associated with your Pega account.
Confirm your Pearson VUE and Pega account email addresses
Follow these steps to confirm the email addresses in your Pearson VUE account and your Pega account match:
- Log in to your Pearson VUE account and confirm the email address you used to register for the certification exam.
- Log in to your Pega account and confirm your Pearson VUE account email address is associated with your Pega account.
If the email address from your Pearson VUE account is not associated with your Pega account, confirm you do not have another Pega account associated with the email address used in your Pearson VUE account.
Add your Pearson VUE account email address to your Pega account
Follow these steps to update your Pega account with additional email addresses:
- Log in to your Pega account.
- In the upper-right corner, click on your login name, then select .
- In the Login Information section, click to add an additional email address to your Pega account.
Merge multiple Pega accounts
If you have multiple Pega accounts, contact Pega Accounts Support to merge your Pega accounts.
To associate your Pega certification to a different email address:
- Sign in to your Pearson Vue account.
- Click the link and edit your Primary Contact Information so that the email address for your Pearson VUE account matches the primary email address of your Pega account.
To obtain a soft copy (PDF) of your certificate, from your My Pega profile, click . Find the certification badge and click the button for a copy of your certificate. Pega does not send hard or soft copies of your certificate.
You do not need to re-certify after you have earned certification. Pega Certifications currently do not expire, though this is subject to change at Pega's discretion.
Keep your skills and certification current by completing the equivalent certification Missions. For example: If you earned your Pega Certified System Architect (PCSA) on version 8.4, when 8.5 is released, you only need to complete the new content recommended to you in the System Architect Mission. Once you complete the Mission, your PCSA becomes 8.5 equivalent. Additionally, you will never lose the history of all the versions you have earned.
For more information keeping current, see our Badges FAQs.
To earn PCLSA certification, you need to pass two exams:
- Pega Architecture Exam
- LSA Architecture Application Build
After the successful completion of the Application Build, the PCLSA certification will display on your profile.
For more more information, visit the Pega Certified Lead System Architect (PCLSA) program overview.
Candidates must take no action to compromise the integrity or confidentiality of any Pega certification exam or certification program. Prohibited actions are described in the Pega Terms of Participation agreement. Penalties for violating the policy can include revoking of certifications, as well as a lifetime ban on all future exams.
Pegasystems, in its sole discretion, shall determine whether an applicant has met the requirements for certification. Pegasystems shall be entitled to cancel your certification or ban you from taking an exam in the event that:
- You commit any breach of the testing agreement
- You fail to comply with any recertification requirements that may be imposed by Pegasystems to ensure that your skillset is up-to-date
- You fail to maintain the confidentiality of the exam by disclosing verbally, in writing, or in any media, the contents of the exam or any part of the exam
- Any information provided by you in connection with the Certification Program is determined to be false or misleading
- You are determined to have cheated, or assisted another in cheating on any exam associated with the Certification Program
Pega regularly publishes new versions of its certification exams. These versions may fluctuate in the level of difficulty as questions are updated or as certification requirements evolve. Consistent with industry certification best practices, when a new version of an exam is launched, the passing score is reviewed and modified as needed. As a result, passing scores are subject to change without notice. For example, exams that previously contained knowledge retention-based questions are modified to contain knowledge application-based questions. In this scenario, the exam passing scores recalculated using statistical analysis to reflect the change in question type and difficulty level.
Exam passing scores can be found on each exam page.
- Candidates who fail an exam must wait a period of three (3) calendar days before taking a second attempt for the same exam version.
- Candidates who wish to take a third attempt must wait a period of fourteen (14) calendar days after the second failed attempt.
- Each exam version may be taken a total of three (3) times in a 12-month period. The 12-month period starts from the date the first exam is taken. For example, if the first exam is taken on May 1, 2014, a candidate may take the same exam version two (2) more times before May 1, 2015.
- A fourth attempt can be scheduled one (1) year from the first attempt.
- You must pay the full exam fee each time you take the exam.
If you need to reschedule your exam, you must contact Pearson Vue at least one (1) business day prior to your exam appointment. Refunds are granted when you reschedule your exam with at least 24-hour notice. No other refund requests are granted.
You can reschedule your exam by accessing your Pearson VUE account and clicking the Reschedule link for your exam appointment.
Rescheduling your exam less than 24 hours prior to your exam appointment is subject to a same-day forfeit exam fee.
If you need to cancel your exam, you must contact Pearson Vue one (1) business day prior to your exam appointment. Refunds are granted when you cancel your exam with at least 24-hour notice. No other refund requests are granted.
You can cancel your exam by accessing your Pearson VUE account and clicking the Cancel link for your exam appointment at least 24 hours prior to your exam appointment.
Canceling your exam less than 24 hours prior is subject to a same-day forfeit exam fee. The same forfeit exam fee applies to exam candidates who do not show up for the exam at their registered time
Requests to review an exam score can be emailed to Pega Certification. In the request, you must provide your name, client candidate ID (PEGA######), exam and version, and the exam date. Requests must be received within 1 week after the date of the exam.
Once the request is received, it takes approximately 5 business days to complete the review. Business days do not include Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays.
Note that exam scores will typically not change after an exam review. Per Pega Certification policy, you will not be provided with the answers you gave or information regarding which questions were answered incorrectly vs. correctly.
Once the review has been completed, it is regarded as final and no further evaluation will occur.
Pega does not publicly publish the names or scores of those who have been certified. For information regarding certification status, contact us.
Please note that Pega Certification will only provide pass/fail statuses. Scores and test domain breakdowns will not be provided.
If you have a Pega account, you can verify Pega certification using our Verify Certification page.
If you have other questions related to certification, please contact us. Please provide the following information regarding your certification:
- Your full name.
- Primary (login) email address you use for your Pega account.
- Email address you used in your Pearson VUE account – if the issue is related to a certification.
- Name, version, and date of your exam.
- Your exam client candidate ID (PEGA######) – if the issue related to a certification.
- A complete description and screenshots of the issue you are experiencing.