Building your business operations team
Business operations team
The goal of the business operations team is to bring agility to your change management so your organization can achieve excellence in one-to-one customer engagement.
It is best practice to have a single team for managing business changes at the organization level, typically known as the business operations team. This team includes three types of users.
Business users create or submit a new business change requirement, known as a change request in the Pega 1:1 Operations Manager application.
- Planning new offers and messages as next best actions for customers.
- Leveraging next best action to drive performance and meet company goals.
- Planning customer engagement activities.
- Reviewing and approving content and offer distribution.
- At a bank, the following job profiles represent business users:
The team lead reviews and manages priorities for business change requests.
- Conducting the agile ceremonies, unblocking issues, and managing the day-to-day activities required to support the scrum team. The team lead works with IT to deploy revisions.
- Run daily stand up, show and tell, and sprint retrospective meetings
- Remove blockers impeding team progress
- Ensure compliance with change management best practices and policies
- Work with IT on deployments
- Team leads are often scrum masters on a business operations team.
It is a best practice to include one team lead for managing your business operations team.
Next-best-action specialists work on tasks to implement the business changes requested by business users.
- Implementing and testing offers or messages in the business operations environment.
- Supporting the deﬁnition and assessment of business requirements.
- Translating business needs into next-best-action artifacts and strategies.
- Building and testing artifacts to understand their impact.
- Next-best-action specialists are often known as the marketing operations team. They have hands-on experience with marketing automation and related software. Next-best-action specialists understand the functions of various marketing artifacts such as actions, treatments, engagement policy, and decision strategies. Next-best-action specialists also have good working knowledge of how next-best-action decisioning works in Pega Customer Decision Hub™.
You can scale up operations by adding more team members to this group.