Encourage customer service representatives (CSRs) to resolve cases on time and enforce your service-level agreements (SLAs) by setting goals and deadlines for a case type. SLA measurement starts when the case starts and ends when the case finishes.
For example, if a CSR of an insurance claim request does not resolve the request within a week, the urgency of this case rises and the manager of the CSR receives a notification.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Settings tab, click Goal & deadline.
In the Use Service-level agreement (SLA) list, define
the SLA criteria:
- To define custom criteria, select Custom SLA, and then go to step 4.
- To reuse criteria from an existing service-level agreement, select Existing SLA. In the auto-complete field, enter the service-level agreement name, and then go to step 9.
- To leave a case without an SLA, select Never, and then go to step 9.
In the Calculate time from the start of section, select
a method for calculating your goal and deadline times:
- To start the calculation when a user creates an instance of your case type, select This case.
- To start the calculation when the parent of your case type starts, select Parent case.
- To start the calculation when the top-level parent of your case type starts, select Top level case.
- In the Goal section, in the Days and HH:MM:SS fields, enter the suggested resolution time for a case. For example: To indicate that the goal is a day, 6 hours, and 30 minutes, in the Days field, enter 1, and then, in the HH:MM:SS field, enter 06:30:00.
- In the Increase urgency by field, enter a value by which you want to increase the current case urgency when the goal elapses.
- In the Deadline section, in the Days and HH:MM:SS fields, enter the required resolution time for a case.
- In the Increase urgency by field, enter a value by which you want to increase the current case urgency when the deadline elapses.
- Click Save.