Configuring customer verification
The business wants to ensure that all customer service representative verify the identity of a customer at the start of an interaction. You have been asked to configure the security questions and add them to the service case request for verification.
Customer Service Representative
Your assignment consists of the following tasks:
Task 1: Define verification questions for a question category
Define security questions to verify the customer’s last name, phone number, and account number for a question category.
Task 2: Add the question category to a service case
The business wants to apply customer verification to the Report a lost or stolen card service case, adding the question category to this service case request.
Task 3: Confirm your work
Confirm that the Report a lost or stolen card service case prompts the representative with the questions to confirm the customer’s identity.
1 Define verification questions for a question category
- Log in to the exercise system as a Customer Service Application Administrator with User name CSAppAdmin using Password password123!.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Tools > Customer verification. The landing page is displayed.
- In the General settings section, select the Allow CSR with ByPassCustomerVerification privilege to skip verification process check box.
- In the Verification fails after this many incorrect response field, select a number (such as 2).
- Click Add category.
- In the fields, add the following data:
- Name: Service case request verification
- Description: Add verification questions for service case requests
- In the Question sets, add the following question groups:
Question group 1
What is your last name?
What is your phone number?
Question group 2
Provide the last four digits of your account number
- Click Submit to add the Question category.
- Click Save to save the configurations.
2 Add the question category to a service case
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types.
- From the Case types, click the Report Lost or Stolen Card service request type.
- On the Settings tab, click Case processing options.
- In the Customer verification section, select the Same category for all customers verification option.
- In the Questions category list, select the Service case request verification category of customer verification questions to ask.
- Click Save.
- Go Tools > Customer verification to return to the landing page.
- On the landing page, ensure that Report Lost or Stolen Card is displayed under Case types.
3 Confirm your work
- Log in to the Customer Service Interaction portal as a Customer service representative with User name cacsr using Password rules.
- Click New > Demo Screen Pops > Demo Pop – CONNOR to start a customer interaction.
- Click Accept.
- Click Add task > Lost or stolen Card to run the service case.
- Confirm that the verification questions are displayed to the customer service representative in sets. If a customer answers the questions correctly, then the representative can continue with the service case. Otherwise verification fails immediately.
- Finally, check what CSR sees when a customer answers two of the questions incorrectly. Does the verification pass or fail?