Overriding case urgency
Onboarding cases have an initial urgency of 10. However, certain contractors need an expedited onboarding process because they are hired to work on short-term projects or projects with a tight deadline, or because of unforeseen circumstances. To provide the option to prioritize certain onboarding cases, add a local action that references the UrgencyUpdate flow action to the Select Seating Location assignment.
|Senior System Architect||SSA@TGB||pega123!|
Note: Your practice environment may support the completion of multiple challenges. As a result, the configuration shown in the challenge walkthrough may not match your environment exactly.
1 Create a local action to update case urgency
- In the Pega instance for the challenge, enter the following credentials:
- In the User name field, enter SSA@TGB.
- In the Password field, enter pega123!.
- In Dev Studio, open the Onboarding case type.
- In the Onboarding case type, open the Facilities Setup process to access the flow canvas.
- In the upper-right corner of the flow canvas, click Open process.
- On the flow canvas, right-click Select Seating Location, and then select View Properties to edit the step properties.
- In the Assignment properties dialog box, in the Advanced section, expand Local actions.
- In the Local Action field, enter or select UrgencyUpdate
- Click Submit to close the Assignment properties dialog box.
- Click Save to save the process.
Confirm your work
- Run the Onboarding case type from the User Portal and advance to the Select Seating Location step.
- In the left pane, note the case ID and confirm that the Priority value is 10.
- In the lower-right corner, in the Runtime toolbar, click Toggle Live UI to open the Live UI tool.
- Click Priority and confirm the Priority value is .pxUrgencyWork. The priority displays the case urgency.
- Close the Live UI tool.
- In the Select Seating Location view, in the Actions menu, click Update case urgency.
- In the Urgency adjustment field, enter 20.
- Click Submit to increase the case urgency by 20.
- In the left pane, confirm that the Priority value is 30.
- Open and edit the Dashboard.
- Add the Worklist widget, and then click Publish.
- In the Worklist widget, confirm that the Urgency value is 10.
- Open the Live UI tool, and then click Urgency to confirm that the Urgency value is .pxUrgencyAssign. The urgency in the Worklist widget displays the assignment urgency.