Attaching PDF files to a case
InsCorp wants to ensure that customers receive an email with a receipt of services, including a breakdown of the services provided. Add two automations, Create PDF and Send email, to the service case type to send an email to customers with the service total and an attachment with the breakdown of the service charges.
The following table provides the credentials you need to complete the challenge.
Nota: Your practice environment may support the completion of multiple challenges. As a result, the configuration shown in the challenge walkthrough may not match your environment exactly.
1 Create the receipt for service charge PDF
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types > Service to open the case.
- In the Service stage, click Step > More > Automations > Create PDF > Select to add a Create PDF automation.
- Click the Create PDF step, and then enter Create PDF Receipt as the step name.
- In the contextual pane, in the Select services. list, select
- In the PDF name field, enter Receipt of Services.
- In the Attachment Category list, select Document.
- Click Save.
2 Attach customer email to the case
- In the Service stage, click Step > More > Automations > Send Email > Select to add a Send email automation.
- Click the Send email step, and then enter Send receipt to customer to name the step.
- In the contextual pane, in the Send to list, select Participant.
- In the second Send to list, select Customer.
Nota: The System Architect configured the Customer participant to contain the appropriate email information.
- In the Subject field, enter Receipt of services.
- Click Compose to begin writing the email message.
- In the Compose message window, enter the following message:
The total service charge billed for provided services is <<.ServicesTotal>>.Dica: Click the Insert property icon to select a property from a list.
- Click Done to complete the message composition and display a message preview.
- In the contextual pane, select the Include attachments check box to add attachments to the email.
- Click Choose attachments to include only specific case attachments.
- In the first drop-down list, select Category to choose an attachment category.
- In the second drop-down list, select Document as the attachment type.
- Click Save.
Confirm your work
- In the Service case type, click Save and run to run the case.
- In the list of services, in one of the Quantity fields, enter a value to ensure that the Services total is correct.
- Click Submit to change the Service case to a Resolved-Completed status.
- Click Actions > Refresh to refresh the page.
- In the final case view, in the Receipt of Services PDF and the Receipt of services email are attached to the case.
- Click Receipt of services to open the email, and then click Receipt of Services.pdf (pxDocument) to open the Receipt of Services PDF attachment.
Nota: The PDF attachment may not open from the email window due to connection security. You can download it separately in the Files & documents section.