InsCorp wants to ensure that only one assistance request case is processed for each request. Customers sending assistance requests may have difficulty determining their exact location. If a customer submits multiple requests for the same vehicle, but for slightly different locations, the application should identify the new case as a duplicate case.
The following table provides the credentials you need to complete the challenge.
1 Add the Search duplicate cases automation
Note: For the purposes of this challenge, the relevant properties have been exposed to support the duplicate cases search on field group properties.
- In the App Studio navigation pane, click Case types > Assistance Request to open the Assistance Request case type.
- Hover over the Submit request multi-step form. Click Configure process to open the Process modeler.
Note: You can only add collect information form steps to a multi-step form from the case life cycle. To add other types of steps to a multi-step form, open the process.
- Click Add a flow shape > Automations > Search duplicate cases.
- Click and drag the Identify vehicle connector to the Search duplicate cases step.
- Hover over the Search duplicate cases step. Drag the connector to the end step.
2 Define the basic condition
- In the Process modeler, click the Search duplicate cases step.
- In the step properties pane, click Add basic condition to open a dialog to configure the basic condition.
- In the Potential duplicate drop down, under Vehicle information - Field group, select Make.
- The Comparator drop down default is set to is same. Keep the default setting.
- Click Add a row.
- Repeat steps 3-5 to configure the basic condition as shown in the image below.
- Click OK to close the dialog.
3 Define the weighted conditions
- In the step properties pane for the Search duplicate cases step and to the right of And weighted conditions sum at least, enter a value of 50.
- Click Add weighted condition to open a dialog to configure the weighted condition.
- In the Weight (0-100) field, enter a value of 25.
- In the Potential duplicate drop down, under Service address - Field group, select City.
- The Comparator drop down default is set to: is equal to. Keep the default setting.
- To the right of the Current case field, click Select values to open the Select values dialog.
- In the Type drop down, select Another field.
- In the drop down that appears below, under Service address - Field group, select City.
- Click Submit to select .ServiceAddress.City in the current case and return to the weighted condition dialog.
- In the dialog, click OK to complete the configuration of the first weighted condition.
- Repeat steps 2-10 to add two additional weighted conditions as shown in the image below.
- Click Save to apply changes to the Assistance Request case type.
4 Confirm your work
- In the Assistance Request case type, click Save and run to run a new instance of the Assistance Request case type.
- In the Identify location step, enter and note the City, State, and Street, which are the potential match criteria.
- In the Identify vehicle step, enter and note the Make, Model, Model year, and Color, which are the must match criteria.
- Advance the case to the Enter payment information step.
- Create another Assistance Request case instance.
- In the Identify location step, enter the same City and State values, but enter a different Street value.
- In the Identify vehicle step, enter the same Make, Model, Model year, and Color values.
- In the Identify vehicle step, click Submit. The Display Duplicate Cases view is displayed. The view indicates that the current case is a potential duplicate to the case listed on the form.
- Click Why is this shown here to display the Duplicate case analysis window. Note that the Aggregated Score equals 50 — this meets the threshold.